Students who wish to sign up for ACLS Renewal course must meet the following requirements:
- Must have an unexpired AHA ACLS Provider Card, and be able to show it to instructors (AHA requirement)
- Must have an ACLS book with the latest guidelines (2010 ACLS Guidelines), and bring it to class (AHA requirement)
- Must have Basic ECG rhythm recognition knowledge that includes recognition of the following rhythm strips: (our strong recommendation)
An online ECG Simulator for practice can be found HERE
*Please note that these are not the only of the rhythms discussed in the course.
Reason for Requirements, and Student Options
Advanced Health Educators takes the knowledge of Advanced Cardiac Life Support critical concepts an essential requirement for ACLS certification, and recertification. Renewal should build on knowledge learned at an original class and serve as a refresher and an update of critical concepts that have been previously learned in the original class.
Students who have not retained Basic ECG Rhythm Recognition knowledge have two course options;
- Take the ECG & Pharmacology Course
- Take the Full (original) ACLS course
It is not mandatory that students take any of the course options prior to taking a renewal class. The information about the two courses offerred are just meant to serve as a resource for students who do not have basic ECG recognition skills.